[Samba] WIndows 98 asking for a password

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Wed Jun 12 13:53:02 GMT 2002

Add the samba server information to the
hosts and lmhosts files on your PCs.

Jim

p.s. Connect to the printer share using the
\\hostname\sharename, not \\ip\sharename

uzboy at libero.it]
> > Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 3:18 PM
> > To: Neil Aggarwal
> > Subject: Re: [Samba] WIndows 98 asking for a password
> >

> > Alle 22:08, mercoledì 12 giugno 2002, Neil Aggarwal ha scritto:
> >
> > do you really need "security = user" into your samba.conf?
> > put security = share and everything will work fine but you'll
> > manage shares
> > access; not user ones :o)
> >

> > --
> >      SaDIKuZboy - Network admin
at gatinho.com
> > Sites that I like/work with:
> > www.cups.org 		- Italian CUPS Translation
> > www.nasa.gov		- Please join and help SETI at Home
> > www.nsa.gov		- Security Enhanced Linux
> > www.gatinho.com 	- A growing housemade network
> > www.freshmeat.net	- Go get your own linux mad cow!
> > www.slackware.it		- Sometimes I help people there
> > elbalinux.gatinho.com	- Server at gatinho [Elba Island]
> > orix.gatinho.com		- Serv
er at gatinho [Pompei - IT]
> > anaconda.gatinho.com	- Server at gatinho [Napoli - IT]
> > hub.gatinho.com		- Server at gatinho [near Napoli - IT]
> > koalino.gatinho.com	- Server at gatinho [Milano - IT]
> > Extra Projects:
> > ConsoLovePPPD	- PPPD configurator for who loves console
> > epsc70ink			- Epson C70-80 InkLevel WebFrontend
> > SDK-UniOverflow	- Get overflows and exploit`em
> > Contact me at
irc.gatinho.com on #sadikuzzi / #linux / #FLEXYnet