[Samba] How to Handle Invalid Characters in File Names

Kedar Potnis kpotnis at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 12 11:12:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am using Samba 2.2.2 installed on Mac OSX 10.1.3.
I am using this samba share to copy files back and fourth from a program written in Visual Basic running on WIN2K SP2.

The characters such as / \ " < > ? * | are invalid on Windows system but are valid on Macintosh/Unix platforms.
Files containing these characters give an error while accessing/copying from samba share.

Is there any setting on Samba that will allow me to map these characters to some other ASCII/Unicode characters ?
OR is there any other workaround that will allow me to access these files without any errors ?

Regards,
Kedar PotnisGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com