[Samba] cannot rename folders/files via samba

Jon Foreman jonforeman at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 12 08:18:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm running version 2.0.4b of Samba on a Solaris 2.6
box. Any user connecting via samba can add folders and
files and can modify files. However, they cannot
rename any folders. But, they can rename files.

I've checked the UNIX permissions, and even if I chmod
a folder to 777, users STILL cannot rename the folder.
But they can do anything else.

Any idea why this is so and how it can be fixed? I
can't seem to find any setting that will fix this.

Thanks,

Jon