[Samba] WinXP Pro 'Loses' Samba Server

Jim Hale jim-ml at halemail.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 12 05:40:03 GMT 2002

I have Samba running on my web server (it's not a major file server or
anything) so that I can access files on it from my local network. Mainly
things like I can view my webalizer pages thru a local machine, or to
copy files over for installation.

Anyway - every 2-3 hours, I 'lose' the connection and have to reboot the
WinXP machine (yeh, I know - 'Rule #1 of Microsoft - When in doubt,
reboot') to re-establish the connection.

Anyone else running into this? I didn't have this problem with Win2K and
I don't have it with my Win98 machine.

Thanks!

Jim Hale
---