[Samba] Ldap and "domain admin group"

Åke Holmlund holm at informatik.umu.se
Wed Jun 12 05:20:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have tried to add a user (not a group) to "domain admin group" in
smb.conf with no success. If i use the usermanager an check the
Administrators group on the local machine there are two members,
Administrator and DOMAIN\unix_group.2147483404 and the user does NOT
get administrative priviliges on the local machine. If I add the
user to the Administrators group on the local machine it works as expected.

Have anyone else seen this and/or have any idea what's going on here?

I'm using Samba 2.2.4 (and 2.2.5pre1) as PDC, Ldap (OpenLdap and Netscape),
Solaris 8 and Windows 2000 prof.

Thank's

Åke Holmlund					Tel:  +46 - 90 786 57 16
Umeå University					Fax:  +46 - 90 786 65 50
Dept of informatics				Email: holm at informatik.umu.se
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden