[Samba] smbpasswd

lorac lorac at lorac.dhs.org
Tue Jun 11 14:56:02 GMT 2002

Whenever I try to run smbpasswd I get the following error:

root:0:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[U:
command not found

I generated the file as per the instructions at
http://ca.samba.org/samba/docs/ENCRYPTION.html

I'm not sure what it is that is going wrong.

The first few lines of my smbpasswd file look like this...
#
# SMB password file.
#
root:0:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[U
]:LCT-00000000:root
daemon:1:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:[U
]:LCT-00000000:daemon

I'm using debian 3.0, with kernel 2.4.18 and samba 2.2.4

lorac

-
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin

ICQ UIN 2123136 Get ICQ <http://www.icq.com>http://www.icq.com