[Samba] Re: DNS Proxy - WINS problem - please help

Terry Davis tdavis at approbation.org
Tue Jun 11 14:45:03 GMT 2002

MY DNS servers are the same as my WINS servers.  For strange reasons, I
cannot configure my clients to use my dns servers, they must use WINS.

WINS will resolve hostnames like foobar, dns will also but the only time
they need to resolve FQDN's are for addresses out of my network, so I
want to have them use their ISP's DNS in case my DNS servers are not
available.  It also keeps traffic down.  Windows will not go to WINS to
resolve www.yahoo.com but directly to the configured DNS servers.  Or am
I completely boneheaded?

Thank you!

--