[Samba] WinXP Client fails to logon to domain

Alex Meaden alex at meaden.net
Tue Jun 11 10:22:04 GMT 2002

I have a Samba server version 2.2.1a running as PDC. Win2k clients are able
to logon to the domain, but the WinXP Pro client I just installed cannot -
when attempting to logon it says:

"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
is down or otherwise unavailable, or because your computer account was not
found. Please try again later. If this message continues to appear, contact
your system administrator for assistance."

I have created a machine account for the PC. Are then any issues with 2.2.1a
and WinXP? This is the first XP client on the network. The client can
connect to the PDC for file sharing etc.

TIA,
Alex.

Mr Alex Meaden
Computer Science Undergraduate