[Samba] smbmount and win2k permissions

LAUTIER Sabrina slautier at lavache.com
Tue Jun 11 08:12:02 GMT 2002

> From there, you can use smbmount to mount SMB shares (from
> Windows systems or Samba servers) in your Linux filesystem.
smbmount works fine :
$ smbmount //DOMAIN_controler/sharedir /home/toto/smb -o
credentials=/home/win2k/DOMAIN/toto/.smbpw,uid='DOMAIN+toto',gid='DOMAIN+Domain
users',fmask=664,dmask=775

The user toto is a domain user authenticated from the Win2k server.
I can then see that toto owns all files and directories
(fmask=664,dmask=775):  does this mean that he can do what he wants ?
As if the SMB share was a regular linux fs ?
Isn't there permissions checking from the win2k server ?
Are the windows ACLs still valid ?

Regards.