[Samba] NT user name doesn't match unix username when winbindd is runnin g

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Tue Jun 11 06:54:08 GMT 2002

Samba team,

I posted the following message on May 30 to comp.protocols.smb,  but no one
has responded to the posting as of yet,  so I thought I'd try this email
list.

We are testing winbind and security=domain to authenticate NT users on
our UNIX box in samba (v2.2.3a).  Winbind is working correctly.  Wbinfo
shows
users as domainname+username (we are using "+" as the
separator),  however,  the NT usernames aren't automatically mapping
to their corresponding UNIX usernames as expected.  Perhaps I don't
understand how this is supposed to work?