[Samba] XP problems after updating
cgalvaojr at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 10 20:32:02 GMT 2002
Here it goes the description:
1. Using Samba 2.2.3a
2. The client is XP
3. Used the .reg file "SignorSeal=0"
4. Started the Net Logon service
5. I joined the domain with success
6. Restarted XP and logged in, also with success, mapping everything...
Here is the deal:
7. Updated XP (critical only)
8. XP stops working fine. I looked at the events. There was a problem with
COM+ and DCOM related services that couldn't start.
I also did the opposite path: Updated XP (works fine) and than join the
domain. We get the same behavior.
If i stop the Logon service, it works just fine (except the logon part of
Besides the usual scream for help for a "how-to", i'd like to understand: Is
there something that XP requires to work an a domain enviroment(after
update) that only a 2000Server can supply?
I'll track the updates and see what they do exactly.
Thanks in advance,
Carlos Galvão Pinheiro Jr., MsC
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
More information about the samba