[Samba] Printing with Samba

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Jun 10 16:34:03 GMT 2002

I do not think you need to install the printer on samba. If the clients are
windows clients, they will likely have already filtered the job. I haven't
ever used NT, only windows98.

So, all you might need is a bounce queue, which would be simple to set up.
The command to print with is:
 cat FileFormattedForYourPrinter | smbclient  //nt4ws/print -N -c "print -"

smbclient -Z will show you the options.

If you need a user/password thing, I THINK -Uuser%pass is how you do it.

There should be a script called smbprint on your system which will help,
too.

Joel