[Samba] printer drivers

mark mark at mebrosius.com
Mon Jun 10 16:09:06 GMT 2002

Alex,
Thank for your help but I still can't print.   Here is my smb.conf file.
 My file sharing works but not my printer.  Can you see what I'm doing
wrong?

Mark

[global]
        workgroup = K9PC
        netbios name = MARK
        server string = Samba Server %v
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        printcap name = lpstat
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        hosts allow = 127.0.0. 192.168.1.
        printing = cups

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client
side printer drivers.
        lpq command = lpstat -o %p
        lprm command = cancel %p-%j
        browseable = No