[Samba] printer drivers

Alex Meaden aejm1 at meaden.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 10 11:40:05 GMT 2002

In order for Windows clients to automagically download printer drivers for
network printers, I have to put the drivers in a share called print$. What
files exactly should I put here - should it be an .inf file and related
files for each printer? Should each different printer's driver be in a
seperate subdirectory? What about for different client OSes? The printers
are an HP DeskJet 720C, and HP DeskJet
850C, a Brother HL-1250 laser, and a Panasonic KXP-1124 dot matrix. Client
machines are running Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP Pro, Windows 98, and
Windows NT4 Workstation.

TIA for any help,

Alex.

Mr Alex Meaden