[Samba] [Fwd: ldap + pdc + adding win2k clients...again(sigh)...argh]

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 10 07:44:02 GMT 2002

IOhannes zmoelnig wrote:
> Samuel GAUTIER wrote:
>
>> For joining w2k stations the computer accout need to exist into your
>> /etc/passwd file (and in your "Computers" container) and the "root" user
>> need to exist into your LDAP directory as in your /etc/passwd. And you
>> must use this account for joining the domain.
>>
>> computer account :
>>
>> station1$:x:3003:100:station1:/dev/null:/bin/false
>>
>> I hope it can help you !!

i have successfully managed to add the w2k-client to the domain;
however, i still fail to authenticate against the PDC (both in w2k and NT4)

the error message when trying to login as  a net-user reads:
"Das System konnte Sie nicht bei dieser Domäne anmelden, da das
Computerkonto des Systems in seiner primären Domäne fehlt oder das
Kennwort für dieses Computerkonto falsch ist"
("The system could not log you into this domain, since the
machine-account for this system is missing in the primary domain or the
password for this machine-account is wrong")

the most interesting thing (for me) is, that this error appears so fast.
i think, that the samba-server is not connected at all.
even the log.nmbd stays very quiet.

i really do not know where to look for ???

mfg.cd.sar
IOhannes