[Samba] Samba shared files not visible to Windows NT/2000 clients

Becker, Johannes (Johannes) jobecker at agere.com
Mon Jun 10 07:41:04 GMT 2002

Hi,

I currently have a similar problem with W98. Directories on the server are
not fully visible and which files you see is changing with each refresh.
Each press of [F5] results in a different set of files listed.

I have no idea why.

Johannes

I am running Samba 2.0.6 on HP-UX with Windows 98, NT and 2000 clients.  I
have just started getting a problem with the NT and 2000 clients.  Some of
the files in the Samba shared directories are not visible on the NT and 2000
clients.  It is only some files - I have been unable to determine what the
difference is between the files that are visible and those that are not
visible.

While this problem is occurring with the NT/2000 clients, Windows 98 clients
are fine - they can see all the files in the shared directories on the HP-UX
server.

Has anyone come across a problem like this before?

John