[Samba] Very strange problem with profiles

Rasmus Reinholdt Nielsen rasmus at narani.dk
Mon Jun 10 05:26:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I guess the problem is that windows doesn't update a fils timestamp when it is
moved, only when edited.

That is why the files that you edit stays, since windiws recons that these are
newer versions then the ons on the server profile, whereas the ones that you
move do not get an uodated timestamp and are therefore  not seen as new files.

I think the timestamp is update on a copy, so if you copy the fil x form a
to b
and then delete it at a, you should be able to work around this problem.

Rasmus