[Samba] account aliases?

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Mon Jun 10 00:46:02 GMT 2002

Hi Erick,

Erick Calder wrote:

> I want it to automatically know it's me.  so my question is: is there
> a way in which I can create an account alias in Samba? i.e. a Samba
> account called "administrator" which maps to the Linux account
> "erick"? or is there a better way to do this?

username map (G)

This option allows you to specify a file containing a mapping of
usernames from the clients to the server. This can be used for several
purposes. The most common is to map usernames that users use on DOS or
Windows machines to those that the UNIX box uses. The other is to map
multiple users to a single username so that they can more easily share
files. [...]

Example: username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/users.map

der tom