[Samba] Re: Win98 client passwords w/Samba 2.2.3a

Brian Rose b_rose at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 8 23:11:02 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-06-08 at 15:28, pshook wrote:
> Brian,
>
>     Please excuse my ignorance, but where is the diagnostic.txt file located? What about webmin? I did a search for
> both and didn't find either.

No problem.  webmin is at http://www.webmin.com/ .  It is also available
through Debian's apt--although an old version.
Regarding the diagnositic file, I apologize for a memory freeze.  It is
DIAGNOSIS.TXT.  Following is some of what I have in /usr/doc/ :

brian at peter:/usr/doc$ ls sam*
samba:
DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz      README.build.gz  Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf.gz
copyright
README.Debian.gz      README.gz        TODO.Debian
README.Win2kSP2       README.ldap      WHATSNEW.txt.gz
README.Win32-Viruses  Roadmap          changelog.Debian.gz

samba-common:
DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz      README.build.gz                changelog.Debian.gz
README.Win2kSP2       README.ldap                    copyright
README.Win32-Viruses  Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf.gz

samba-doc:
DIAGNOSIS.txt.gz      Registry                       examples
README.Win2kSP2       Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf.gz  faq
README.Win32-Viruses  THANKS.gz                      history.gz
README.build.gz       announce.gz                    htmldocs
README.gz             changelog.Debian.gz            textdocs
README.ldap           copyright