[Samba] Error creating New Folder in samba 2.2.4

Niccolo Rigacci niccolo at texnet.it
Fri Jun 7 09:26:02 GMT 2002

I upgraded from samba 2.2.3a to samba 2.2.4 to solve a Wins problem (samba
expires itself from the wins cache after some days).

Now I get a totally new problem: viewing a samba share from Windows98, I
right-click New, Folder (Nuovo, Cartella in Italian), then an error message
appears:

    Impossibile creare un file, se il file esiste già.

may be in English:

    Can't create a file, if the file already exists.

But the folder is indeed created and I see it, if I press F5. If instead I
create a New, Text file or other new files, it works as expected.

I'm running Debian GNU/Linux woody with kernel 2.4.18, samba packages are:

samba_2.2.3a-6_i386.deb
samba_2.2.4-1_i386.deb

Can someone confirm  this as a bug?

Niccolo