[Samba] Incorrect Reporting of Drive Space from the Windows 2000 Expl orer on SAMBA shares

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Fri Jun 7 07:08:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

In Windows 2000 I have noticed that when you connect to a SAMBA share and
use the Windows 2000 explorer, the properties for the drive shows the free
space as the maximum capacity of the drive and that the used space is 0.
This incorrect reporting of the drive space is always the same, no matter
how full the disk of the SAMBA share is.

Has anyone seen this before.  Anyone have any ideas if there is a work
around.

The SAMBA servers I tested with are running SAMBA 2.2.3a on HP-UX 11.00

Thanks in advance.