[Samba] Re: Filelocking-Problem: Mars_NWE together with Samba

J.Strohschnitter svebu at gmx.de
Fri Jun 7 05:45:02 GMT 2002

Hi there,

we've got the following problem, while Windows-Clients works with samba and a
DOS-Client connects over Mars_NWE to the same Linux-Server:

When the DOS-Client opens a file on the linux-server and the WinClient opens
the same file, and when both clients want to write the same file, the
windows-client gets an error and crashes.
We tried it only with the windows-clients and there is no problem, writing
the same file in the same time. So we think this is an Mars_NWE problem.
Is there anybody who has the same problem and perhabs a solution for
it ? We hope so, that we we can change our old Novell-Servers to Linux.

By the way, there is no chance to change to DOS-Client to make
serverconnection through samba. It must be NWClient!

Our environment:

SuSE Linux 7.2 with Kernel 2.4.16
ReiserFS 3.x.0k
Samba 2.2.1a