[Samba] Problem with Samba

long-nguyen at reliantenergy.com long-nguyen at reliantenergy.com
Thu Jun 6 12:13:39 GMT 2002

 (Embedded
 image moved   long-nguyen at reliantenergy.com
 to file:      06/06/2002 02:17 PM
 pic28778.pcx)

 (Embedded
 image moved   long-nguyen at reliantenergy.com
 to file:      06/06/2002 02:17 PM
 pic30582.pcx)

I do not remember that I sent you an email yesterday?   What you may need
is to add linux server name to the windows lmhosts and hosts and hosts.txt
in the \winnt\system32\drivers\etc      directory,  you then define a
userid (using the name of the operating system where your samba server is)
on W2k .
operating system.  You may have to reboot W2k system, then go to dos prompt
and do    net use   x: \\xxxxxxxxx\xxxxx.

Good luck

                    "Arnold, Dave"
                    <Dave.Arnold at fcps        To:     samba at samba.org
                    .edu>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     [Samba] Problem with
Samba
                    samba-admin at lists
                    .samba.org

                    06/06/2002 10:41
                    AM

Hi,

I am running samba version 2.2.4 on Solaris 8.  I am trying to configure
samba to allow users on the windows platform see home directories.  We are
running Windows 2k Professional.

I ran the tests in the DIAGNOSIS.txt file and everything up to TEST 8
worked
properly, but on test 8 I received an error access is denied.  I did not
see
this error in the DIAGNOSIS.txt file so I was wondering if you could help
me?

Thanks,
David Arnold