[Samba] FreeBSD 4.5, Samba 2.2.4_1, W2K client "printer properties cannot be displayed"

Kevin Long KLong at southlandInd.com
Thu Jun 6 10:32:31 GMT 2002

 (Embedded
 image moved   Kevin Long <KLong at southlandInd.com>
 to file:      06/06/2002 01:15 PM
 pic02593.pcx)

 (Embedded
 image moved   Kevin Long <KLong at southlandInd.com>
 to file:      06/06/2002 01:15 PM
 pic09078.pcx)

 (Embedded
 image moved   Kevin Long <KLong at southlandInd.com>
 to file:      06/06/2002 01:15 PM
 pic25467.pcx)

 (Embedded
 image moved   Kevin Long <KLong at southlandInd.com>
 to file:      06/06/2002 01:15 PM
 pic15176.pcx)

 (Embedded
 image moved   Kevin Long <KLong at southlandInd.com>
 to file:      06/06/2002 01:15 PM
 pic21246.pcx)

Hello, I have a FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE box running the SAMBA 2.2.4_1 port. I
have successfully added a printer driver to the unit, and when connecting
from a Windows 2000 client, I get the driver successfully installed. I then
converted the system to a PDC and added a test machine to it's domain. I can
connect to the printer, it downloads drivers, but when I choose printer
properties, I get:

"Printer properties cannot be displayed. Operation could not be completed"

Oddly enough, when this SAMBA unit was a domain member, in a hybrid W2K/NT
domain, I could get the printer properties.

I can get the "server properties" correctly, and access shares, save
profiles.

Kevin Long.