[Samba] samba through a firewall

Paul Blackaller Paul.Blackaller at lfs.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 01:57:02 GMT 2002

Hi
I have samba installed & running successfully on a Solaris 8 server.
directory shares were working as expected until the machine was put on a
DMZ, and now it's stopped working.  I can ping from my PC to the server, and
telnet, but samba seems to have no route through the firewall - possibly the
firewall needs to have different ports opened up to allow samba traffic
through?  I need to know which port numbers smbd & nmbd use.
Appreciate any ideas to help solve my problem.

Thanks & regards

Paul Blackaller
Technical Analyst
Lynx Financial Systems
Tel: 01582 845137
e-mail:  paul.blackaller at lfs.co.uk

This email is intended only for the use of the addressees named above and
may be confidential or legally privileged.  If you are not an addressee you
must not read it and must not use any information contained in it, nor copy
it, nor inform any person other than Lynx Financial Systems or the
addressees of its existence or contents.  If you have received this email
and are not a named addressee, please delete it and notify the Lynx
Financial Systems IT Department on 01582 845000.