[Samba] using "@group_name" in smb.conf

rvt at dds.nl rvt at dds.nl
Thu Jun 6 01:45:02 GMT 2002

It properly the best to use force group in this case aswell.

 [accts]
    comment = Accounts Dept Share
    path = /usr/local/share/accounts
    valid users = @accounts
    public = no
    writable = yes
    printable = no
    create mask = 0765
    force group = accounts

so when a user drops a file there and the primary group of that user is not
accounts then a other user might not beable to open the file as RW. And to
disable other users there you might use 'create mask = 0660'. which disables
reading of the files using a unix account aswell.

just a tought, it all depends on your setup ofcourse....

Ries