[Samba] Setting the timeout of smbmount

David mpe501 at chello.se
Wed Jun 5 13:53:03 GMT 2002

Hi!
How do i set how long smbmount should attempt to connect a share before
timing out?
I have a couple of shares set for automatic mounting (in fstab). Problem
is: if i move my computer to another network, were these shares aren't
available, my init scripts are delayed for several minuits while
smbmount (ordered by the "mount -a" command in the init scripts)
attempts to connect the shares and fails.

Another related question is if it is possible to get smbmount to mount
several shares concurrently. If several of the shares in fstab aren't
available and you do a "mount -a" it stall for for a multipile of the
timeout time for one share (where the multipile is the number of
unavailable shares), since it tries each share in order. If mount -a
would try to mount all of them at the same time it would only stall for
1x  the timeout time.

Regards,
David