SOLVED! [Samba] PDC and BDC with LDAP and Samba 2.2.4

Yannick Tousignant ytousignant at oka-info.com
Wed Jun 5 12:50:05 GMT 2002

It's me again, with the solution to my problems.

To get a working BDC, you have to kill samba, delete your
secrets.tdb, create a MACHINE.SID and then restart samba. You
will have to do this on the PDC and the BDC to have the same
SID the the secrets.tdb file. Then machine account are valid
even if you move your PDC, or you add a 2nd BDC, as long as you
create the MACHINE.SID file before the first startup of samba.
Don't forget, the MACHINE.SID file have to be the same on all
domain controlers or machine account will be invalid.

And ho, backup your MACHINE.SID file, samba deletes it when
it convert the file to secrets.tdb!

Thanks to you all!!!

Yannick Tousignant
Gestion Informatique OKA ltée.