[Samba] Samaba Help Of Course ... If I May

Chris Howe seleya at fundy.net
Wed Jun 5 09:25:02 GMT 2002

I have a workgroup at work where we have allot of documents we don not wish for anybody to see. The on e machine we have is running Redhat 7.3 [Linux seleya.seleyaoem.com 2.4.18-3 #1 Thu Apr 18 07:37:53 EDT 2002 i686 unknown] with the version of samba that ships with it. 2.2.3a if I am not mistaken. I have this machine also acting as a file server for other machines on the LAN and I need these machines to have full access to the share. So far I have setup the samba server using aliases. The main smb.conf file calls a different smb.conf file for each alias i.e smb.conf.seleya that I have setup. The Share I need to be private/secure I have under the hostname seleya with a share with share level security and with only 3 valid users [the users with the permission to view the files] to the share. The second alias is called service and it too is share level security but has guest ok as well with a create mode of 0777 which does what I need for full read write access to files. What seems to be happing however is that the two shares I have setup are showing up in both aliases. The Seleya alias has a share named SELEYA and the Service alias has a share named DUMP. When you browse to Seleya or Service both shares show up in both aliases. I am trying to find out how to prevent this from happening. My desired results are to have one share under each alias i.e Seleya show only the SELEYA share and the Service to show only the DUMP share. If you can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I will include my 3 smb.conf files to see if they help clear up the matter. Thank you in advance I appreciate your time

smb.conf   - Main File

[global]

   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   server string = Seleya Samba
   hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.
   load printers = no
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   printing = bsd
   guest account = nobody
   log file = /var/log/samba.%m
   max log size = 50
   security = share
   encrypt passwords = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   os level = 65
   local master = yes
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   dns proxy = no
   netbios aliases = Seleya Service
   include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.Seleya
   include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.Service
   null passwords = yes

#Share Definitions

#[Seleya]
;   comment = Seleya Storage
;   path = /Seleya/Docs
;   read only = no
;   public = yes
;   guest ok = yes
;   writeable = yes
;   create mode = 0664
;   valid users = chrish, jeffp, bitchbox,
;   veto files = /Seleya/lost+found/
#[Dump]
;   commnet = Customers Temp Dump
;   path = /Seleya/Dump

[...]