[Samba] PDC and BDC with LDAP and Samba 2.2.4

Yannick Tousignant ytousignant at oka-info.com
Wed Jun 5 06:19:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

Thanks for replying me Gerald.

> > Hi, I tried to move the current PDC to another machine
> > that have the same LDAP database. It didn't work... There
> > is something about the machine account! How does samba
> > handle this? i could not logon to the moved PDC, so i
> > rejoined the domain (added my machine in TEMP workgroup,
> > reboot, rejoin de domain, reboot), and then it worked!
> >
> > Is there any way i can bypass this?
>
> Can the uid's for passwd entries sync'd on bother servers?

That's not the problem, because they are sync'd on both servers
using slurpd. How does samba handle the validity of a machine
password? If i can solve this, then i can have a BDC...

I'm thinking maybe put add a MACHINE.SID file to both servers,
with the same SID. Maybe that can solve my problem.

I'll keep you informed.

Yannick