[Samba] What's Happening

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Jun 4 16:57:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Is there a reason why it isn't resolving these standard error codes into
> their textual descriptive names before being output to the log?  I think
> that would be quite helpful.

It wastes some unswappable kernel memory. The log/error messages are bad
enough as they are ...

Probably better to do this in klogd and prefix the errno printouts with
something, the same trick used to get klogd to recognise what is a kernel
address and make it translate that into a symbol.

Would be easier too since klogd can use the strerror functions from glibc.

Or maybe just a note in the smbmount manpage ...

/Urban