[Samba] Trust Domains ...

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Tue Jun 4 15:07:02 GMT 2002

Sylvestre Taburet wrote:

> Le Mardi 4 Juin 2002 15:23, C.Lee Taylor a écrit :
> > Greetings ...
> >
> >       Please could someone confirm that Samba 2.2.x and Samba 3.0 ( Head ) does
> > not support Trusts between domains.
> >

> 2.2.X doesn't, 3.0 will, though I don't know if CVS version does it yet.
>
> It should be possible with TNG, but I never tried:
> http://mordor.clayton.edu/samba-tng/tng-pdc-trust.html

I understand it goes like this:

Samba 2.2 supports being trusted by NT.  Its a bit odd, and mainly works
due to the fact that domain logons and interdomain logons are almost
exactly the same.  Not 'supported', and only works for NT domains with
just a PDC.

Samba HEAD has support for both being trusted by NT and trusting NT.  We
don't support doing anything with Win2k ATM.  Trusting NT is still a
work in progress, but we have shown the basic concepts.

Samba TNG claims support for being trusted, but I've not tested it
myself.  You will need current CVS - TNG was able to pick up some of
HEAD's work in this area to get around some nasty bugs.  Samba-TNG
trusting NT domains is a bit dodgy, becouse you need to setup the
'username map' manually.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org