[Samba] plese help configure error in samba 2.2.4

Eli Kleinman - MIS Dept. elik at bhphotovideo.com
Tue Jun 4 11:59:02 GMT 2002

I am using Solaris 8 trying to compile samba 2.2.4 downloaded from the
samba.org website, and the configure script just crashes in middle.

This is the options I use with the configure script
./configure --prefix=/apps1/users/elik/samba2_2_4 --with-pam --with-
pam_smbpass --with-tdbsam --with-ldapsam --with-profiling-data --
with-quotas --with-acl-support

This is the error I get
checking whether to use included popt... ./popt
checking configure summary... configure: error: summary failure.
Aborting config

Any help is appreciated
Eli