[Samba] VFS unavailable on FreeBSD 4.5-RELEASE

Kevin Long KLong at southlandInd.com
Tue Jun 4 10:54:28 GMT 2002

Despite the COMPLETE ABSENCE OF DOCUMENTATION* on the recycle bin vfs
module, I'm still attempting to get it to work on FreeBSD 4.5. When I visit
the examples/VFS directory, I cannot do a "make", despite libtool being
installed. The error is:

make: don't know how to make audit.so. Stop

I have also discovered that even if I explicitly tell configure --with-vfs,
vfs never gets compiled in.

Kevin Long

* suggestion: remove the line "Further documentation on writing VFS modules
for Samba can be found in the docs directory ...." in the README file in the
VFS directory. There is no "further documentation".