[Samba] Samba & DOS based applicaion issue.

Chris Van Balen chris at iicr.org
Tue Jun 4 08:56:04 GMT 2002

Hello everyone,

I have recently upgraded my samba server to version 2.2.2 from 1.x.x.prexx and am experiencing some difficulties with Win98 specifically... before the upgrade double clicking a .gcd file associated with Generic CADD (a dos based program) from a maped network drive would load the gcd file into generic cadd no problem. Now with version 2.2.2 of samba when a .gcd file is double clicked it does launch generic cadd but does not however load the file. CADD will not load/save any file to the network.. but will browse and show file lists no problem. This problem only occurs with our win98 workstations.. tested on XP and win2000 without any issues.

Anyone have any insight as how to resolve this issue?

Chris