[Samba] Problem with pam_winbind

John McCawley jmccawley at worleyco.com
Tue Jun 4 07:24:02 GMT 2002

I tried mirroring your setup and I'm still getting the exact same
problem.  After seeing a similar post to mine, I checked 'wbinfo -t' and
got
Secret is bad
0xc000018b

Once again, I've tried every combination of removing/adding myself from
the domain I could think of and it still says the same thing.  I've
restarted winbindd a hundred times.  I assume if I get the 'Secret is
bad' message then using pam_winbind won't work.  Is this correct?

John

Oliver Thinnes wrote:

>I have the same situation as you have (redhat 7.2, samba 2.2.4 compiled
>with winbind, acl support and as a member of a NT 4 domain).
>

>I configured /etc/nsswitch.conf like this:

<snip>