[Samba] problem with authentification and winbind

Lehrnbecher-Hundt, Birgit Birgit.Lehrnbecher-Hundt at oit.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Jun 4 02:48:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I want to use winbind for authentification. The samba server (solaris 2.6, samba version 2.2.4) is a member server in a W2K domain.
I followed the steps in the Solaris-Winbind-HOWTO.txt of Naag Mummaneni.
Joining the domain was successfull and wbinfo -t returnes secret is good.
wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g shows the domain users and groups.
But getent passwd and getent group only shows the local unix users and groups.
When I try to map a samba share (directory) the following error occurs:
wrong password or unknown user.
The log.winbindd shows the following error:
[2002/06/04 11:24:57, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:(614)
  process_loop: Invalid request size (0) send, should be (1304)
No error occurs in the log.smbd or log.nmbd

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Birgit