[Samba] Win2k Printer Woes Continue

JUSTIN GERRY JGERRY at butchers.com
Mon Jun 3 13:20:02 GMT 2002

I installed the printer patch on 2.2.4 on my Linux 7.3 box, reconfigured
it (I think I did things in the correct order:configure,make
realclean,run patch,configure,make,sh.makerpms.sh), created a new rpm,
uninstalled the old samba, reinstalled the new rpm, fixed the conf
files, reloaded samba and now my printers appear as "HPLASERJET on
_smbserver". HPLASERJET is queue name which is fine, but why is the
server called _smbserver instead of either the Netbios name (samba) or
the ip address (192.168.0.10)?

I am unable to connect or view any printer properties because of this.

Thanks,
Justin