[Samba] more than one samba

Axel Machens axel_machens at gmx.net
Mon Jun 3 12:00:26 GMT 2002

Hi samba admins,

I have a new question about compiling samba on my system
I would like comp. samba one version for testing with ldapsam
and one version with out ldapsam on the same machine.
I configure the first one --prefix=/opt/samba --with-ldapsam ....
after this was finshed I deleted the config.status , config.h and
Makefile.
A new compile without prefix and ldapsam in /usr/local/samba works
fine but after I edit mit smb.conf and running testparm from the
/usr/local/samba/bin I see that all ldap commands installed and
smbpasswd -a breaks with a error that no secrets.tdp can ´t create.
What is my mistake ? I would like compile two versions for testing
one with ldapsam and one without ldapsam on my linux box.

Thanks a lot

Axel