[Samba] How are people managing startup/shutdown of winbindd?

WEBSTER, Greg GWEBSTER at ahbl.ca
Mon Jun 3 11:24:17 GMT 2002

I include it in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb startup script:

case "$1" in
  start)
        echo -n "Starting SMB services: "
        daemon smbd -D
        daemon nmbd -D
        echo
        touch /var/lock/subsys/smb

        echo Starting Winbind Daemon
        /usr/sbin/winbindd
        ;;
  stop)
        echo -n "Shutting down SMB services: "
        killproc smbd
        killproc nmbd
        rm -f /var/lock/subsys/smb
        killproc winbindd
        echo ""
        ;;
  status)
        status smbd
        status nmbd
        status winbindd
        ;;
  restart)
        echo -n "Restarting SMB services: "
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        echo "done."
        ;;
  *)
        echo "Usage: smb {start|stop|restart|status}"
        exit 1
esac