[Samba] Inherited permissions problem

Konkol, Josh JKonkol at guidemail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:51:06 GMT 2002

Ryan,

I think you want force create mode:

force create mode (S)
This parameter specifies a set of UNIX mode bit permissions that will always
be set on a file created by Samba. This is done by bitwise 'OR'ing these
bits onto the mode bits of a file that is being created or having its
permissions changed. The default for this parameter is (in octal) 000. The
modes in this parameter are bitwise 'OR'ed onto the file mode after the mask
set in the create mask parameter is applied.

See also the parameter create mask for details on masking mode bits on
files.

See also the inherit permissions parameter.

Default: force create mode = 000

Example: force create mode = 0755

would force all created files to have read and execute permissions set for
'group' and 'other' as well as the read/write/execute bits set for the
'user'.

HTH

Josh