FW: [Samba] oplock break on excel files using samba 2.2.4

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Mon Jun 3 07:20:03 GMT 2002

I'm having the same kind of problem too. Links to other excel workbooks
are really breaking badly. One of them so bad that if I highlight the
file through a windows explorer view; it kills the window immediately.
I'm using RH 7.2 and Samba 2.2.4 -1

Please let me know if someone has some suggestions ....
So far I've tried:
 veto oplock files = /*.mdb/*.MDB/*.ldb/*.LDB/*.xls/*.XLS

Thanks!

T o n y

A.G. (Tony) Nichols
I.S. Manager