[Samba] Samba + XP = no go

xfesty xfesty at devaluate.com
Sun Jun 2 21:35:02 GMT 2002

G'day.

I'm having a great time trying to get a whole heap of XP workstations (from
what I understand, they've been hotfixed+windows updated+whatever else a few
days ago) to authenticate against Samba running on a FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE box.

Basically, I add user accounts, machine accounts (with both "pw" and
"smbpasswd"), then I can get the XP machines to successfully join a domain.
On reboot, they refuse to login.

I've tried editing the registry and changing the "requiresignorseal" key
from 1 to 0.  Doesn't help.

I was running whatever samba was in freebsd's ports a few days ago (2.2.4 I
believe) but I've compiled the latest SAMBA_2_2 branch from CVS last night
(2.2.5-pre), but im getting exactly the same problem as before.

My SMB.CONF is below.

Thanks.
- Ryan

[global]