[Samba] Unmountable Linux Samba mounts

Z Linux zlinux2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 23:16:04 GMT 2002

I get the same problem when I mount smb shares and
then disconnect my notebook from network without
unmounting the share, it seems like samba needs the
share to be available to unmount it, however for me, I
use
 umount -l /your/mountpoint
this will free up the mountpoint and will try to fully
umount in the backgroud (I guess). Not a very
intelligent solution though because I still see
smbmount in the process list, it will atleast free up
the mount point.