[Samba] 2.2.5 on SOL 8 - deleted folder reappears

Dennis dennis.moreno at pop.safetran.com
Wed Jul 31 16:10:05 GMT 2002

I'm using Samba 2.2.5 on Solairis 8. I have a problem with W2k and WXP
clients.

I have a folder, in a share, that is protected against deletion by a
non-root user. I tested this in the unix environment
to ensure the permissions were setup correctly. If an NT4/W9x client
attempts to delete this folder, an access denied
message is displayed. However, if a W2k or Wxp client attempts to delete
it (using Win Explorer), windows appears
to delete the folder, but it really isn't deleted because if I check the
unix environment, the folder is still there. Now...
if I refresh Win Explorer, the folder still appears deleted. But...if I
close Win Explorer and open a new Explorer the folder
reappears.....(hhmm).

Can anyone shed some light on what might be causing this?

thanks
Dennis

+******+

This e-mail message is meant solely for the person or organisation to whom it is adressed. The message may contain personal or confidential information, or information that is not public in nature. Safetran Systems Corporation accepts no responsibility for message content and possible attachments that are unlawful or of questionable decency. Further dissemination, publication or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited if the person or organisation receiving this message is not the intended recipient. In the event that you are not the intended recipient, we request you to refrain from using the content and to immediately inform the the sender of the error by returning the message. Thank you for your co-operation.