[Samba] testparm error

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Jul 31 15:01:02 GMT 2002

This is saying that:
You don't have your smb.conf where it is supposed to be after a default
installation from sources, /usr/local/samba/lib
Or, for some  reason it has funny permissions.
I suppose you are trying to start it up with redhat's startup scripts, which
won't work, I guess, for an installation from sources.
Is there a reason why you wouldn't install from an RH rpm?
Joel