[Samba] Re: [sqwebmail] vpopmail+mysql and sqwebmail authentication problems]

David Morel david.morel at amakuru.net
Wed Jul 31 13:35:02 GMT 2002

Dave Hall wrote:
 > THanks for the ideas.  I haven't heard from anyone else yet, and hope
that
 > someone on this list has done this before.  I have tried multiple options
 > without any luck, and have a tough time understanding what else to
try based
 > on the provided INSTALL documentation.
 >
 > Thanks
 > Dave

tar xzvf vpopmail*
cd vpopmail_folder
su
groupadd -g 89 vchkpw
useradd -g vchkpw -u 89 -d /var/vpopmail vpopmail

mkdir /var/vpopmail

create vpopmail database and vpopmail user in Mysql (update, delete,
create, alter, drop, index..)

adjust the vpomail sql cofig file:
vi vmysql.h

provided Mysql is installed in /usr/local/mysql:

./configure --enable-mysql=y
--enable-sqlincdir=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/
--enable-sqllibdir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/
--enable-incdir=/usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/
--enable-libdir=/usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/ --enable-clear-passwd=n
--enable-many-domains=y --enable-valias=y --enable-roaming-users=n
--enable-mysql-logging=y

make
su
make install-strip

to use qmail's pop deamon, create a startup script ( or in some
rc.local...):
env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin" /usr/bin/tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup your_mail_domain_here
/var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

if ! [ -f "/var/vpopmail/etc/inc_deps" ]; then echo
"-I/var/vpopmail/include/" > /var/vpopmail/etc/inc_deps; fi
if ! [ -f "/var/vpopmail/etc/lib_deps" ]; then echo "-L/var/vpopmail/lib
-lvpopmail -L/usr/local/mysql/lib \
	-lmysqlclient -lz" > /var/vpopmail/etc/lib_deps; fi

cd ..
tar xzvf sqwebmail*
cd sqwebmail_dir

adjust to your apache setup:

./configure --disable-changepass --enable-autopurge=7
--with-defaultlang=en --enable-cgibindir=/var/www/cgi-bin
--enable-imagedir=/usr/local/apache/icons/webmail
--enable-imageurl=/icons/webmail
--enable-mimetypes=/usr/local/apache/conf/mime.types --enable-lang=en
--with-trashquota --without-authpam --without-authuserdb
--without-authpwd --without-authshadow --without-authdaemon
--with-authvchkpw

su (or can't find vpopmail's libs, chmod 0600)
make
umask 022
make install-strip

insert in something like rc.local:

/usr/local/share/sqwebmail/libexec/authlib/authdaemond start

in /etc/crontab, add :

0 *  * * *              su -c "/usr/local/share/sqwebmail/cleancache.pl" bin

modify sqwebmail conf in /usr/local/share/sqwebmail

you're set.

David Morel

PS: this is based on a kind of howto i wrote a few weeks ago as a
reminder. Might be slightly inaccurate, but only slightly.
Good Luck