[Samba] Help 2.2.5 causing me to run out of filedescriptors

drenning, bruce bdrenni at catholicrelief.org
Wed Jul 31 10:00:03 GMT 2002

Thanks a lot for your prompt (and thorough) reply. you saved my bacon.

I doubled file-max & now:

# cat /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
8935    72      16384

I'm running squid w/ a 2 GB cache & 250 - 270 samba users (smbstatus -b |nl
shows 262 currently). 512 MB RAM, 512 MB swap.

I'll look into the smb.conf params as well. Thanks again.