[Samba] Samba authenication to Window Active Directory

Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca Drew.Zeller at statcan.ca
Wed Jul 31 07:08:02 GMT 2002

Cynthia,

I know it has been a little bit since you post this, however I thought I
would mention that I currently have all the SAMBA servers in my area at our
company authenticating against the Active Directory we have here.  We are
still running in a mixed mode, however we did some testing in a test lab and
switched to native mode and we did not experience any problems.  Out testing
with the native mode was based upon a White Paper written for the HP product
CIFS (which is based upon SAMBA 2.2.3a).  The white paper is called "HP's
CIFS/9000 And Windows 2000 Interoperability".

My servers are running Samba 2.2.4 on HP-UX 11.00 (although in the test lab
we tested on both Solaris and HP-UX).  I would recommend that you move your
SAMBA version up to at least 2.2.4 to be able authenticate (although I know
2.2.5 is out there and you may want move that into place since it is the
latest version).

Hope this helps.