[Samba] PDC samba

Norman Hooper norman at lateral.co.za
Wed Jul 31 02:10:02 GMT 2002

Hi Jens,

1. It will be:
    /usr/bin/smbpasswd -x $1$
    /usr/sbin/userdel $1$

(Because it is a machine account, it will not have any files, but if you
want to remove a normal user, you may want to delete all their files
too. Then the second line would be /usr/sbin/userdel -r $1$)

2. On a Samba PDC, "Administrator" is just an alias for root. So if you
change root's password, Administrator's password will be root's new
password. So just do exactly what you would do to change any user's
password. (smbpasswd & passwd)

Cheers,

Norman.